PSN Beta-Alanine Powder
What is Beta-Alanine?
Beta-alanine is one of the two amino acids (histidine being the other) that make up the protein carnosine. Carnosine is found throughout the body, but specifically in skeletal muscle. Research shows that skeletal muscle carnosine levels are correlated with performance during high-intensity exercise; higher carnosine levels lead to better performance. Beta-Alanine availability is the limiting factor in muscle carnosine synthesis. Carnosine is an important metabolic buffer in skeletal muscle (Suzuki, 2002), which means it helps maintain the acid-base balance in the presence of high H+ (hydrogen ion) concentrations. H+ is a byproduct of energy metabolism and lactic acid production, which causes a burning sensation in yours muscles when you workout (such as during high-rep leg extensions). During exercise H+ levels increase, which causes fatigue and decreases performance. If one could keep H+ levels down during exercise they could delay fatigue and increase performance; this can be accomplished with Beta-alanine supplementation.
- Beta-Alanine availability is the limiting factor in muscle carnosine synthesis.
- Muscle carnosine levels were higher after 10 weeks of beta-alanine supplementation than after 4 weeks, showing that beta-alanine's effects are best experienced over long term supplementation.
- Beta-alanine supplementation increases total work done during aerobic exercise.
- Adding beta-alanine to creatine supplementation leads to greater increases in lean mass than creatine supplementation alone.
- Beta-alanine may increase endurance performance.
- Beta-alanine may delay neuromuscular fatigue, which would allow one to workout longer and more intensely.
- Beta-alanine delays fatigue.
- Beta-alanine delays onset of reaching ones ventilatory threshold, which is the point where ventilation increases non-linearly due to blood and muscle acidosis.
- Beta-alanine increases time to exhaustion.
Who can Benefit from taking Beta Alanine
- Weight lifters and bodybuilders
- High intensity cross trained athletes and military personal
- MMA fighters and sport specific training that require both strength and endurance
- Runners, Cyclists, Soccer Players, Hockey Players and many more
- Active individual whi have reached a training plateau and are looking for something to take them to the next level
- Men and Women
Does Beta Alanine Have Any Side Effects?
Supplementing with Beta-Alanine can cause tingling of the skin. This effect usually disappears after 2 weeks of use.
Who can Benefit from taking Beta Alanine
- Increase Muscular Strength & Power Output
- Increase Muscle Mass
- Increase Anaerobic Endurance
- Increase Aerobic Endurance
- Delay Muscular Fatigue - Train Harder & Longer
100% Pure Beta Alanine
|100% Pure Beta Alanine||4g|
When and How to Use
For optimum results use 1-2 servings of Pure Source Nutrition Beta Alanine daily.
Take 4g (1 Scoop) and divided between 1-2 servings. Take 2g approximately 20 minutes before exercise and 2g immediately after exercise.
Standard Delivery: *FREE Delivery To Mainland UK Addresses An All Orders. Exclusions ApplyExpected Delivery Is Within 3-7 Working Days.
Nominated Standard Delivery: For Nominated Standard Delivery Please Call Our Customer Service Help Line On 0203 348 8248 To Place Your Order And Arrange The Delivery To Suit Your Preference.
Extra Delivery Charge: If You Need To Pay More Postage On Your Order, I.E. If You Live Off The UK Mainland, A Member Of The Customer Service Team Will Contact You About The Same.
All Returns Will Be Paid For By The Customer: If You Change Your Mind, You Can Return An Item In Its Original Condition.All Items Must Be Returned In Their Original Packaging. Our Couriers Will Not Collect Unpackaged Items.
In Case Of Damaged Goods: If Damaged, Accept Delivery, Sign Delivery Note As Such And Contact Us Within 24 Hours. We Can Advise You Of The Course Of Action For A Replacement.
Refunds: Upon Return All Items Will Be Inspected And A Refund Will Be Processed Immediately. If After 7 Days You Still Haven't Received A Refund Call Our Customer Service Help Line On 0203 348 8248
Cancellations: If You Need To Cancel Your Order Call Our Customer Service Helpline On 0203 348 8248 As Soon As Possible.